Tuesday, August 30, 2011

FUNEMPLOYED


So I’m finally free of that soul crushing ice cream shop!

Being overly dramatic is fun.

I’ve written a list of things I want to do with my newly acquired free time. I wouldn’t call it a ‘bucket list’ by any means, because a lot involve personal hygiene; shave, cut toe nails, wash sheets, mop room. But there are others which involve adventure!

Today I’m going to Tel Aviv, hangin’ out on the beach and chillin’ with friends. Tough life I not lead.

I’m planning a camping trip up north, going to go hiking for a bit. I don’t really know how that’s going to pan out, seeing as the last time I tried to set up a tent I needed the help of teenage girls. Really strong teenage girls…

Might just have to pack some teenage girls.

I’ve gotten back into reading, both English and Hebrew, my next blog post might be a book review. Wild!

And, I’ve been hosting meals!
 
We have a new roommate, an American girl I know from Ulpan. The house is still a Hebrew speaking zone, just not when my Israeli roommate is out.

So in honour of her joining the party we hosted Friday night, and Saturday Shabbat meals.

For both meals we had a typically Jewish mis-catering error, whereby too many people brought too much food. So my fridge has been filled with leftovers ever since, which is great because although we don’t have an oven, we have a microwave, so leftovers can be disguised as freshly cooked meals!

In my apartment we usually eat in the kitchen, but the kitchen is basically a kitchen for ants, in needs to be at least three times bigger. So if we have more than four people over, we eat in my room. This works even better for me, ‘coz after the meals I just got up from my chair and plonked my body onto my bed and went to sleep.

When I woke up, I realised some of my guests had joined me. 

About Me

Jerusalem, Israel
A Sydney born yid whose youth movement involvment led him to take the plunge and make Aliyah (migrate to Israel). Has a keen intrest in biblical exegesis and dancing like no one's watching