Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Idealistic or Insane?

There’s a fine line between idealistic and plain crazy; After my 24 hour flight to Israel lying in my bed at about 2am in the absorption centre I will call home for the next 6 months a strange laugh erupted from within me, it was actually closer to a cackle. I wasn’t quite sure what it meant. I’ve laughed plenty before, but this was different. It was coming from a weird place. I laugh from my stomach when I’m around friends, sometimes I laugh from my mouth, like when my Dad tells jokes you know you’re not meant to laugh at because they’re about minority groups or something. This laugh had a life of its own and came for somewhere much deeper, from the middle of my essence, my soul (if you’re into that) it was as though the centre of my being was expressing itself ferociously saying “you’ve done it you crazy son of a bitch!” It may all just have been a result of my lack of sleep, combined with the sleeping pills I took, mixed with my excitement, and the fumes wafting from my armpits.
Not sure really, but I did just use an oxford comma, yooHOO yaHooHoo.
In other news, is using facebook to say how bad the Social Network movie is ironic or hypocritical? Saw it on the plane, didn’t really like it, I feel the whole non-linear structure has been overplayed

About Me

Jerusalem, Israel
A Sydney born yid whose youth movement involvment led him to take the plunge and make Aliyah (migrate to Israel). Has a keen intrest in biblical exegesis and dancing like no one's watching